Here are the steps on how to tag people on Facebook:
Tagging people in Photos
- Click on the photo you want to tag people on. Clicking on the photo will expand it.
- Click on the Tag Photo option found below the photo and at the right side of the photo, where the photo description is located.
- Choose the person in the photo and type his or her name in the box provided for tagging people.
- Choose the name of the person, as it appears in Facebook, in the list inside the box provided.
- After you have tagged all the people you want to tag in the photo, click Done Tagging.
Tagging people in Videos
- Click on the video to activate it.
- Click on the Tag Video command at the right side of the video below the video description.
- Type the name of the person you want to tag, and select that person’s name among the suggested names Facebook has provided in a box.
- After tagging the people you want to tag, click on Finish editing to save the changes.
Tagging people in your status updates
- Type in your status update; before posting, tag the people you want to tag.
- Click on the headshot icon found at the bottom of the status update box; it is between the camera icon and emoji icon.
- Type in the name of the people you want to tag, and select their names among the list provided by Facebook.
- Click on Post command to post your status update in your Timeline.
- You can still tag people in your status update after it has appeared in your Timeline, simply choose Edit Post on the list that appeared as you click on the arrow head facing down located at the right side of the post.
- Click on the headshot icon and type the names.
- Click on Save to save the changes applied to the status update.
This is the basic process on how to tag people on Facebook.