“Don’t forget to tag me!”
“Post and tag me, please!”
These are just some of the requests we hear after taking group pictures with friends and relatives in any type of event.
This is how to tag photos on Facebook.
When you are the one uploading the photos:
- Click Add Photos or Create Album
- Choose the photos you want to upload. As the photos are uploading, you can start tagging your friends
- Click on a photo; a box will appear. This is where you type the name of the person you are tagging.
- Tags are saved when you post the album or the status update.
When you are not the uploader but want to tag a photo or you have uploaded the photo a long time ago and need to tag people in it:
- Click on the Photo you want to tag.
- Click on the Tag Photo option.
- Type the names of the people you want to tag in the photo.
- Click Finish tagging.
Remember: Tagging other people’s photos has imposed limits. There are photos which you cannot tag; it depends on the setting of the photo.
Your friend’s photo may allow you to tag other people, but he or she can delete your tags.
Photos of people not in your list of friends may be tagged but the said tags need to be given permission by the uploader before the tag can take effect.
You will know that you have been tagged in a photo because a notification will be sent to you.
This ends how to tag photos in Facebook.